Life Stories by Harry Glickman
On December 31, 2010, his 95th birthday, Harry gave a talk at The Summit at First Hill. Here you can download
the video recording
(but be careful as it is 1.7 GB in size and may take a long time to download).
The book Jeannette and I: A 75-Year Adventure by Harry Glickman is availale at lulu.com.
It includes all of the stories below, plus many, many more.
Here are stories currently available here:
- Introduction, on becoming a writer, and the Lowney family
- Wheels, a tour of Harry's life as seen from the cars he's owned
- The Diamond Clan, on Michael and Ruby Diamond, and their family
- Zucchini, Garlic, And A Gallon Of Red Wine, on Jack and Grace Pruzan
- 1422 Madrona Drive, the family houses in Seattle's Madrona neighborhood
- A Dream House, on building an architectural marvel in the North End
- Jolo: an Island in the Sulu Sea with Spencer Crookes, a tropical vacation fraught with surprises
- Going Blind?, on losing one's vision, and a possible cure
- Uzbekistan, a vacation in Central Asia
- Do Not Feed the Animals!, on zoos then and now
- Geshem (Rain), on life and water in modern Israel
- Paradise, first impressions of Isreal in 1968
Copyright 2001-2005 Gregory C. Lowney and respective authors,
all rights reserved.